DIPLOMA OF BEAUTY THERAPY
This qualification reflects the role of individuals employed as beauty therapists to provide a broad range of beauty therapy treatments and services including facial treatments, body massage and treatments, hair removal, lash and brow treatments, nail, and make-up services. This includes consultation with clients to provide beauty advice, recommend beauty treatments and services, and sell retail skincare and cosmetic products. These individuals work relatively autonomously and are accountable for personal outputs. Their work involves the self-directed application of knowledge and skills with substantial depth in some areas where judgement is required in planning and selecting appropriate equipment, services, and techniques. Work is typically conducted in beauty salons and spas. No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
- COURSE DURATION
- DELIVERY MODE
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- TRAINING PATHWAY
- PATHWAYS FROM THE QUALIFICATION
- COURSE CREDIT
- JOB TITLES
- UNITS OF COMPETENCY
- COURSE FEES
- Australian Global College has the following entry requirements:
International students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have completed Year 12 or equivalent.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
- Have an IELTS* score of 5.5 (test results must be no more than 2 years old). English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- Educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country; or
- Successful completion of an English Placement Test
- *Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5
- Students will complete a LLN Robot English test prior to the Introduction /orientation day. This will identify if the student requires additional support with their learning.
Participants are provided with advice on career development and training options throughout the delivery of the program.
Pathways into the qualification:
Preferred pathways for participants considering this qualification include:
- SHB40115 Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
- Vocational experience but without a formal qualification
Students who have successful completed the SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy may be able to apply for advanced entry to a degree in health sciences (dermal therapies) at university.
On successfully completion of the Diploma of Beauty Therapy participants will be able to work relatively autonomously and are accountable for their own work. Diploma qualified beauticians are able to expand their own industry knowledge and skills and expected to have substantial depth in specialist areas and advanced technical skills in the planning, selection of equipment, and provision of services and procedures.
|Salon Therapist||Beauty Therapist|
|Salon Manager||Sales Representative|
|SHBBBOS002||Provide body massages||Core|
|SHBBBOS003||Provide body treatments||Core|
|SHBBFAS001||Provide lash and brow services||Core|
|SHBBFAS002||Provide facial treatments and skin care recommendations||Core|
|SHBBFAS003||Provide specialised facial treatments||Core|
|SHBBHRS001||Provide waxing services||Core|
|SHBBMUP002||Design and apply make-up||Core|
|SHBBNLS001||Provide manicure and pedicare services||Core|
|SHBBRES001||Research and apply beauty industry information||Core|
|SHBXCCS001||Conduct salon financial transactions||Core|
|SHBXCCS002||Provide salon services to clients||Core|
|SHBXIND001||Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment||Core|
|SHBXWHS001||Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices||Core|
|SHBBCCS001||Advise on beauty products and services||Elective|
|SHBXCCS004||Recommend products and services||Elective|
|SHBXIND002||Communicate as part of a salon team||Elective|
|SHBBMUP001||Apply eyelash extensions||Elective|
|SHBBBOS001||Apply cosmetic tanning products||Elective|
|SHBBMUP003||Design and apply make-up for photography||Elective|
|SHBBBOS004||Provide aromatherapy massages||Elective|
|SHBBCCS002||Prepare personalised aromatic plant oil blends for beauty treatments||Elective|
|SHBBBOS005||Use reflexology relaxation techniques in beauty treatments||Elective|
|SHBBSPA003||Provide stone therapy massages||Elective|
|SHBBSPA004||Provide Indian head massages for relaxation||Elective|
|SHBBMUP004||Design and apply remedial camouflage makeup||Elective|
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.